Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Voor de vuist weg

From: Marcel Rijs <100276.2176@compuserve.com>
Date: 09 Nov 94 15:53:21 EST
Subject: Voor de vuist weg
To: <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Hi,

Finally I received word from Hilversum, the Netherlands'
broadcasting capitol. I requested info on Kate Bush's performance
on "Voor de vuist weg" back in 1978, and of course a copy if
possible...

Anyway, they _phoned_ me (How efficient, after three months) to
tell me searching that specific recording would cost me $40 per
hour (Don't you just love to imagine how slow they would work
then), plus $25 to _watch_ the video in Hilversum. That's right, I
would only be invited in to _see_ the recording.
Aren't there any influential people on this list that know how to
work these capitalist rip-off scumbags? I see no way to access this
recording, anticipating a bill that surpasses my monthly budget by
a few hundred bucks, foreseeing no cooperation at all.
One thing is sure: the recording should still be in archive, else
they would've said it wasn't. This is just a mean way of making
money out of a collection that monopolizes the country.

On an interesting sidenote, chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris
williams) writes:

>     CHRIS is happy to see this re-emergence of the IED of old, as
> it puts CHRIS' posting style back into it's [its] original
> context.

Hmmm... what exactly is that context? I could only see IED's more
skillful writing... :)

That's all,

Marcel Rijs * "Conan the librarian" * Den Haag * The Netherlands
100276.2176@compuserve.com                          mfgr@sara.nl