Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More Weird Canadian Stuff

From: Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 14:50:27 -0400 (AST)
Subject: More Weird Canadian Stuff
To: "Kate (list) Bush" <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

I was in Halifax over the weekend and while looking through the music
videos in one store I noted that they all had ratings stickers on them -
from the provincial ratings board (the same body that assigns ratings to
films in theatres).

Imagine my surprise to find that The Whole Story was rated ADULT!
Others getting that label were Tori Amos' Little Earthquakes and, in fact,
nearly all the music videos except for wussies like Mariah Carey (who IMHO
only offend people by their awful choices of vacuous music).

Perhaps this explains why the LoveHounds Collections tapes never made it
through the Canadian border :)

Cheers, Fiona