Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Official Delurk

From: Peter Byrne Manchester <PMANCHESTER@ccmail.sunysb.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 1994 00:20:02 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Official Delurk
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: pmanchester@ccmail.sunysb.edu

Oohlalune@aol.com loomed up today:

> Subject: Official de-lurk

I would just like to say that this first post, followed by a volcanic series
of additional unburdenings, is the most spectacular de-lurk I have seen in
several seasons, and I call for:

*A Round of Applause!*

Oohlalune, we can take it!

She volunteers her list of albums in favored order, and the first is mine
also:

> Albums:
> 1 The Ninth Wave/Hounds Of Love:    i've got massive reasons for this, and
> will not bore Gaffans with the whole story unless  badgered incessantly.
> suffice it to say that it is brilliant!!  :)

In my view, this is correct.  I couldn't package my preferences in the
KateRate protocol, because my second after HoL/9th Wave is not another album,
but the Hammersmith video.

And after that is not so much another album, as a whole set of mutually
influential treasures:  TKI, but not apart from Hammersmith, and as given
context not so much by the Cathy Demos as by John Carder Bush's photographic
monograph,  Cathy .

That next-to-last photo, of Cathy at 10 or 11 at the piano, is the first in
which I see the intensity of the performer she was going to become.  The
overhead shot two pictures prior also makes me wonder:  is that proper
fingering on the left hand?

Anyway:  Moon Maiden, Welcome!  (And yes, thank you, for your comment on
"Suspended in Gaffa."  I can't watch her mime tears in the choral breaks
without having real ones, either.)

                                                            Peter Manchester
"Out in the garden, there's half of a heaven"  pmanchester@ccmail.sunysb.edu
         And that's the truth                       72020.366@compuserve.com