Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lovehounds Collection Tapetree: UNDEAD

From: Peter Byrne Manchester <PMANCHESTER@ccmail.sunysb.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 1994 00:17:49 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Lovehounds Collection Tapetree: UNDEAD
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: pmanchester@ccmail.sunysb.edu

       There appears to be some leftover capacity for the mop-up round of the
official Lovehounds Collection Tapetree that was announced on Halloween.

       If you missed that post, this will be your last chance to obtain The
Lovehounds Collection from the original dubmasters.  This mop-up round,
intended to serve the many worthy Love-Hounds/Gaffans who missed the original
Tapetree last summer not out of sloth or inattention, but because they were
students away from their accounts, or are new to the newsgroup, has definite
time limits:  so LISTEN UP!:

       If you want to be a leaf in The Lovehounds Collection Mop-Up run, send
e-mail to Cindy Loiselle

                     cindy@aai.com

no later than 4:00pm EST this coming Friday, November 11.  Applications that
miss that deadline cannot be accommodated.  For those of you who have already
written to Cindy, watch for her replies to start going out today, Monday,
November 7.

       Cindy will e-mail you back with the address to send your blank tapes
to, and instructions on how to proceed.  Basically, you will send two T-120
blank tapes in a *stamped* addressed return mailer to the address you are
given.  Plan to use Priority Mail (second day delivery) to send your tapes,
and do so *immediately* after you have been assigned to a dub site, because
tapes arriving later than Friday, November 18 *cannot be processed*!!

       In all Kately affability and friendliness, I must stress that the
deadlines here announced--Friday, November 11 for applications, and Friday,
November 18 for your tapes to *arrive* at your dub site--are FIRM and will be
strictly enforced.  Each of us who are undertaking this project is arguably
dead stone crazy to be doing so.  We absolutely must confine our efforts
within fixed dates.

       I won't take up bandwidth here to list the whole contents of The
Lovehounds Collection.  Suffice to say that it is 4 hours of interviews and
TV performances, both live and lipsynched, from 1979 through 1992, including
the whole December '79 Christmas show `Kate', the videos made at De Efteling
for Dutch TV, the Saturday Night Live performances, and the unedited
`NightFlight' interview.  It's basically pretty simple:  if you don't have
it, you want it.

       Reminder also:  as master compiler Chris Williams pointed out at some
length the other week, *none* of the material in The Lovehounds Collection is
in release anywhere, ever has been in release, or to our knowledge is planned
for release (except obviously for the songs themselves).  When videos that
are still in release were part of a TV appearance by Kate, Chris edited out
all but their first and last few frames.

       Finally, a word for Love-Hounds in Canada or in the PAL world:  none
of us, especially not me, who undertook it last summer, have the time to make
the inquiries and arrange the logistics to organize outside the NTSC/US
postal service framework for this special mop-up cruise.  However,
arrangements are being made for one or more volunteers to announce a PAL mop-
up round for the UK and PAL Europe.  Many thanks to those who have contacted
us:  they will make their own announcements, so watch the newsgroup closely
the next few days for further developments.

       Meantime, even after this special edition of the tapetree is
concluded, there are dozens of copies of the set in Canada, Europe, and
Australia, and hundreds in the US.  Post an inquiry, and perhaps someone will
be able to help you.  I am working on getting both PostScript printer file
and ASCII versions of the tracklists and other printed materials ready for e-
mail distribution, perhaps even on one of our FTP sites, before Thanksgiving.
I trust that with that assistance, the tapetree can continue to exfoliate
forever, everywhere that it has been planted--something that has our blessing
and strong encouragement.

                                                            Peter Manchester
  "There really is a lot in vegetables!"       pmanchester@ccmail.sunysb.edu
                                                    72020.366@compuserve.com