Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

why no lyric analysis?

From: j.fischer@mail.utexas.edu (Jeffrey Fischer)
Date: 4 Nov 1994 03:25:51 GMT
Subject: why no lyric analysis?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

	Do people have compellingly different ideas about what Ms. Bush
might be getting at in her lyrics?  I find her words really provocative
and I realize they're frequently designed to carry multiple meanings.
(Other times, I think I sit around and create multiple meanings for them
because I have no life.)

	Some songs are pretty straightforward but others intrigue the heck
out of me.  Occasionally, someone will post something they read in an
interview, for example, shedding some light on a song.  But would people
be interested in regularly seeing what came to the minds of others while
listening?  Or would I just be burning up bandwidth?

						J.