Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush CDROM & Information Exchange using HTML

From: mk59200@cs.tut.fi (Markku Kolkka)
Date: 04 Nov 1994 09:40:37 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Bush CDROM & Information Exchange using HTML
To: rec-music-gaffa@funet.fi
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

    > I hear that large pressings of CDROMs are quite cheap nowdays.
Would there be enough demand for 500-1000 Love-Hounds CDROMS?

    > Is this a good idea?
Yes, definetly.

    > Should we look at standardizing news postings so that that use
    > included HTML references for Web news browsers?
First the mailinglist-newsgroup gateway software should be updated to
be MIME-compliant, as HTML uses MIME datatypes. Current software can't
handle 8 bit text (in Content-transfer-encoding: 8-bit). I agree that
HTML is the only real multiplatform hypertext format, so it should be
used for any future information projects.

--
	Markku Kolkka
	mk59200@cc.tut.fi