Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate on Letterman?

From: upsiu@king.mcs.drexel.edu (Paul Siu)
Date: 29 Oct 1994 06:47:31 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate on Letterman?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
To: dfleenor@nettech.com (Super Dave?)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>>>>> On 28 Oct 1994 16:07:38 EST, dfleenor@nettech.com (Super Dave?) said:
I never heard of Kate doing TV interviews. She seem to do ocassional magazine
interviews, but I have never seen her on TV, but then again, I am in the US.

> I don't think Letterman singles out women. He treats all of his guests
> with the same philosophy, i.e. "I'm gonna have a laugh at your expense".
> But then again, I think most of his guests know what they're in for
> anyway. I'm a Letterman fan, though, so I can't talk bad about him too
> much.

I guess the exception in this case is probably Penn and Teller.

> I'd like to see him interview Tori. She'd probably kick his butt.

I don't know, she always seem a bit spacy, but her comments an throw
a lot of people off.

Did anyone ever seen Letterman interview of Laurie Anderson a few years
back?  According to Anderson, she sang "Walk the dog", a really weird
nightmareish song sang in a skewed voice.  Dave's response was "What
was that?"  Anderson replied "Oh, a cross of country, folk, and pop"
(sorry, I forgot the exact quote).  Dave didn't know what to say.
Anderson said she could see the guy in the back flipping the que cards.
One of them said "Ask her if she has a dog.".

Paul
upsiu@mcs.drexel.edu

|  /       \     Little is known about Isaac Newton's older brother,    |
| / 1000 kg \    who stumbled upon the concept of gravity long before   |
|   Aaaaah!                                                             |
| Paul Siu                                        upsiu@mcs.drexel.edu  |