Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Alan Murphy

From: lazlo@mack.RT66.com (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: 27 Oct 1994 12:42:25 -0600
Subject: Re: Alan Murphy
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

fmcquarr@upei.ca (Fiona McQuarrie) writes:

> ALan Murphy's most regular job was probably as a member of Level 42.
> He can be found on, let's see (scouring brain for info), their albums
> World Machine and Running in the Family, and possibly some earlier ones
> - I'm not sure exactly when he joined.

Murphy didn't join Level 42 until the Gould brothers left in late '87 or
early '88.  He did *not* appear on World Machine or Running In The Family,
just on Staring At The Sun.  He died before they started recording the
album after that, Guaranteed, so Staring At The Sun is the only L42 album
he appears on, aside from a couple of tracks from Staring... on Level Best.

--
::: Lazlo (lazlo@rt66.com)