Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A couple of questions...

From: JAbusheery@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 11:40:27 -0400
Subject: A couple of questions...
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: JAbusheery@aol.com

I finally got 'The Glory of Gershwin' last week.  My first impressions are
overall it's a great album, a little depressing at times, but did the
Gershwins write really up tunes to begin with?  Kate's performance was
wonderful, as to be expected, Sinead's was lacking but Cher's was a surprise,
not what I expected at all.

My questions are:

1) How do they come up with the list of people to ask to be on these tribute
albums?  How does one decide to ask Meat Loaf to be on the same ablum with
Kate Bush?  I wondered the same thing after hearing Two Rooms.

2) Is there going to be a companion video released like they did with Two
Rooms, but maybe this time include Kate's video?  I don't believe she was on
the Two Rooms video, atleast her name wasn't listed on the box and I wasn't
going to buy it just to find out if she was on it.

Well, that's all for now.  I'm going to listen to the CD until I hear it in
my sleep.

-Jennifer (Sherry) Abusheery

<This space intentionally left blank>