Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lene Lovich videos

From: totoro@charm.net (Milky Way)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 18:22:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Lene Lovich videos
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Keith wrote:

>I miss her.

So do I...She was my hero when I was in high-school, with her thick snakey
pigtails and her Blow-Yma-Sumac-Out-of-the-Water vocals.  She was by far
the best saxophonist on the Stiff label, any maybe even among all the New
Wavers back then.  That was a truly awesome time that marks my first
intense interest in Pop Music, thanks to monster records like More Songs
about Buildings and Food, the B-52's debut album, Elvis Costello's first
three, Look Sharp!  They paved the way for me to eventually find Brian Eno,
Laurie Anderson, Terry Riley, etc.  Stateless sure made me a happy
teen...until then I thought that ABBA, Foreigner and Rush were all there
was. Alas the only trace I have of Lene are two ticket stubs from 1988 when
she played the Ritz in New York, and two super compilations of her music
that Rhino released on CD in 1991.  Anybody know where she is?

Stateless...Plus  (Rhino R270520)
Sleeping Beauty
Lucky Number
Too Tender (To Touch)
Say When
Writing on the Wall
Telepathy
Momentary Breakdown
I Think We're Alone Now
One in a 1,000,000
Tonight
Be Stiff
One Lonely Heart
Big Bird
The Fall
Blue
I Think We're Alone Now (Japanese Version)

Flex...Plus    (Rhino  R2 70521)
Bird Song
What Will I Do Without You
Angels
The Night
You Can't Kill Me
Egghead
Wonderful One
Monkey Talk
Joan
The Freeze
New Toy
Savages
Special Star
Never Never Land
Cat's Away
Details
It's You,  Only You (Mein Schmerz)
Blue Hotel

Lene Come Home!  The least you can do is release a CD with the 12" extended
remix of Mein Schmerz!

Hiro

Hiroshi Amano
NHK Hi-Vision Coordinating & Research Office
16 W. Hill St.    Baltimore, MD 21230
voice 410-752-5748,  fax 410-752-5850