Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Remixes RG, etc.

From: williasr@nextwork.rose-hulman.edu
Date: 16 Oct 1994 17:35:02 GMT
Subject: Remixes RG, etc.
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I keep hearing about the UK single 'And So Is Love' and that it includes
the US mix of Rubberband Girl.

I've heard a few Kate Remixes, I don't think there are all that many
available, but if the RG US mix is the 7 minute one that comes on the US
RG single, then I would say that its a pretty disappointing mix.  The idea
of RG going on for 7 minutes isn't such a bad idea, but something about
this particular mix just doesn't click for me.  Perhaps it is too much
like the unmixed version extended a bit.  I'm not sure.

I did however enjoy 'shoedance' and the other remixes that appeared on the
imported (from the UK) Red Shoes singles, so I don't think all Kate
remixes are bad, just that the RG mix was disappointing.

One other question, I recently picked up an alternative music sampler
which had 'Be Kind to my Mistakes' and a few weeks later, I found 'Aspects
of the Sensual World' which, as you probably know, is more or less the CD
single for TSW.  My question is, are either of these rare finds?  I'm sure
they were readily available at one time, but I suspect they are a bit more
difficult to come by these days.

bending in the wind,
steven williams
--
williasr@nextwork.rose-hulman.edu
"Take my smile and my heart they were yours from the start"