Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Diary of a wannabe Kate fan

From: bc106@freenet.carleton.ca (G. Timothy Walton)
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 1994 10:08:42 GMT
Subject: Re: Diary of a wannabe Kate fan
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca (Usenet News Admin)

In a previous article, rpugh@arcadia.win-uk.net (Raymond Pugh) says:

  [forgive me, but I save bandwidth as a practice]

>10. EXPERIMENT IV.  Nope, hadn't heard this before.  I nearly fell
>off my chair when Dawn French appeared in the video!  All in all,
>a pretty gruesome film - the LaserDisc is exempt from
>classification but I would have thought some kind of PG warning
>would have been in order just for this track (or am I over
>reacting to all the dead bodies??)  Loved the "Music For Pleasure"
>dig at the end.

  All that I ever saw was the escape part of the video.  I've wanted to
see the rest ever since.  The only video that ever scared me, by _anyone_.

>12. BABOOSHKA.  I didn't particularly like this song when it was
>originally released as a single.  I still don't rate it as one of
>her best but the video makes it worth while - definitely
>guaranteed to raise the blood pressure!!

  Sorry.  I love Kate's music, but physically she's almost the exact
opposite of what raises my blood pressure.  Only the female and brunette
parts are there for me.

  Thanks.  Now, not only do I have to buy a CD player to go with This
Woman's Work, I have to buy a LaserDisc player as well.  Anyone know if
This Woman's Work or other Kate videos are available on LaserDisc?

  BTW, does anyone else out there consider Shriekback their second-favourite
act?

  E-mail replies, please.  My work hours are rather heavy, and I have only
been able to check this group twice in something like a month.

--
  "It's all bullshit except the pain, right?
  "Like the burn of a lighted match, increased a million times