Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Sensual World 12" single

From: Tamar Boursalian <BOUTAME@YaleVM.CIS.Yale.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 94 15:29:46 EDT
Subject: The Sensual World 12" single
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

Just before TSW (the album) came out, I bought a 12" single of TSW (the song).
I've never seen anyone mention it on love-hounds, but does anyone else have
this single which has--for lack of a better way to describe it--a double groove
in the vinyl, so that depending on where you put the needle down, you get
either the version with vocals or the instrumental version?  Is it actually
worth anything (besides what it's personally worth to me)?

And while I'm here, I just want to say that I also don't consider it a sell-out
for Kate to make music specifically for commercials.  It's completely different
from Eric Clapton or Genesis or the Stones selling an already existing song to
a beer company for use in a commercial.  And if the money helps her finance
future projects, than why not?

--Tamar