Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Worst video

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 94 13:42:01 GMT
Subject: Re: Worst video
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <m0quE9t-000ilqC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu> chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:

>   Sorry. I didn't make this one clear. There is only one video to _Love
>and Anger_. But L&A was Columbia's choice for a single in the US, and
>not Kate's choice for a single.  So the video was made especially for
>the US market, and Vickie and I believe it is a Kate's answer to having
>to make a special video just for the US.

Slapdash market piece or not, the video (along with the song, obviously) for
Love and Anger introduced me to and hooked me on Kate.  I don't have any
harsh words for it.  Compared to her other stuff...well, I'd still debate
with you whether it's worse than the other videos, probably (the Rubberband
Girl vid I saw *was* pretty abysmal, as discussed in the deleted text
above).  I'd never seen anything remotely like it before, though, and that's
what made the difference.

Drewcifer
--
Andrew D. Simchik, as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu, simchik@cs.rochester.edu
KAY: "What do you think of essentialism, Drew?" || "there's glory for you"