Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

videos

From: "Brian J Dillard" <dillardb@student.msu.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 22:07:42 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: videos
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net (lovehounds)

the only kate videos i have seen are rocket man (From the love houlds
collection) and the three from TSW. my roommate and my upstairs neighbor, both
of whom are friends from way back, watched all four with me today and made fun
of kate in the most absurd fashion. as i was putting the video in, tera said,
what does kate look like, and rog said, fat with big hair. blasphemous fools! a
2 a.m. top volume airing of the dreaming album is in their future, though they
don't know it yet . . . . . .

anyway, roger said, does she use glitter and a wind machine in ALL of her
videos? i said no . . . . was i correct?

personally i love all four. . . . the cheesy dancing in L&A is priceless. the
video of TWW is worth more in its five minutes than the entire movie from which
it came. and the sensual world is so simple and beautiful . . . i love the
offbeat dancing.

anyway, tera made the strange comment after the viewing that kate is
"definitely an artist whom it's better to hear than watch." roger agreed
(adding that hearing her wasn't that hot either). i find these comments about
visual kate interesting, given that their precious madonna never would have
gone into the broadwayesque concert mode she did if pioneers like kate hadn't
done so much experimentation with dance and pop music years earlier.

and am i the only one who sees the priests in the love and anger video as being
very reminiscent of (but predating . . .. ) the dance sequence from live to
tell with the priest in madonna's blonde ambition tour. i have often wondered
how familiar the Blonde One is with kate's work . . . . .

brian
bitter and alone in a east lansing
a town that hates kate