Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Worst video

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 94 01:24 CDT
Subject: Re: Worst video
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Gord Locke writes:
>chris williams <chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:
>
>>    Wishful thinking? Hardly. Columbia rejected the real Rubberband Girl
>>video, and Kate had to make another video just for them. She said in an
>>interview that she only had a day to do it. Think about it, and watch
>>both videos one after the other (the original first.)
>
>	Ugh.  This is sad.  The `real' video is EXCELLENT!  She's such a
>great dancer, in addition to her musical brilliance.  She is totally wasted
>in the 2nd clip (along with miles of videotape).  Columbia should be
>collectively slapped.
>	And I have yet to find the MTV-esque version funny.  It's just *BAD*.

   Well, we probably have gone off the deep end laughing at badness.
We're big MST3K fans.

   I agree with your opinion about her dancing. I cannot imagine
someone learning "en pointe" (sp? Who cares! That insane, masochistic
ballet toe dancing.) after 30.

>>   The second _Rubberband Girl_ is a companion piece to the very
>>amusing previous "America-only" video _Love And Anger_.
>
>	??? Is there another l&a vid besides the one on the TSW videotape?

   Sorry. I didn't make this one clear. There is only one video to _Love
and Anger_. But L&A was Columbia's choice for a single in the US, and
not Kate's choice for a single.  So the video was made especially for
the US market, and Vickie and I believe it is a Kate's answer to having
to make a special video just for the US.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)