Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Description of KaTe

From: khawkins@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Kevin Hawkins)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 1994 01:34:41
Subject: Re: Description of KaTe
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

In article <iago-041094194648@lucky161.acns.nwu.edu> iago@merle.acns.nwu.edu (Iago) writes:

>As I was wandering around the racks of CDs at Musicland today,
>I came across this description of TRS:

>        Without abandoning her distinct style, Bush has matured from fuzzy
>        opera dropout into a stepsister of American soul music.

>So, does anyone want to take a bet that whoever wrote that description
>has never heard KaTe's music?

>--
>Valerie Nozick
>iago@merle.acns.nwu.edu

As a MusicLand employee, I'd like to apologize for this idiocy. =)  "Fuzzy
opera dropout?"  Oh well, it's hard to know what to expect from them lots of
times...

At our store, we have like 2, maybe 3 Kate CDs in stock at any given
time...I'm surprised I even found HoL there.  I think I'll splurge, throw TWW
on credit card, and be done with it.  Of course, then I'll have to resign
myself to not leaving the house for 8 hours...=)

On another note, those Fruitopia ads always annoyed me...I've never heard Kate
on them.  Aren't those the ads that say clever things like "The cranberries
don't mind being put together with the strawberries, so why can't we all live
together?"  Drivel. (=  I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment, but
the presentation is drivel. =)  Next time I see one though, I'll haveto listen
for KaTe in there.

=) Kevin Hawkins -- Junior in Computer Science, University of Illinois
(= NCSA Operations | e-mail to: khawkins@ncsa.uiuc.edu
=) Hey, you wanna check out my Tori Amos page, don't ya?! =)
(= <a href="http://gto.ncsa.uiuc.edu/khawkins/tori.html">Tori Amos</a>