Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT on Coke Can - Maybe, Maybe Not

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 1994 12:08:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: KT on Coke Can - Maybe, Maybe Not
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

That posting about Diet Coke was mine.  It is mere coincidence that the
design of the new Diet Coke can looks very similar to the old KT symbol,
not the KT-femme symbol.

The scrolling bottom of the letter C used to cross the top of the K.  It
has now been detached from the C so that the K has a flowing crossbar at
the top of it, making it look very similar to a KT symbol.

The Fruitopia ads are short, visually oriented ads with no dialogue.  The
predominant image is of a kaleidoscope of fruit, probably a computer
animation effect -- some of them are quite striking, others sort of dull.

The only soundtrack is music composed by Kate, some of them with a small
amount of singing or spoken words, one with drum-talk similar to Sheila
Chandra's.

One of the ads is designed for use in movie theatres and is somewhat
longer.

The little musical pieces are very lovely, and would make great
interludes on a Kate tape.

There are nine and possibly more ads (I believe IED is  working on a
definitive count) and Karen will personally pay $$ to obtain broadcast
standard tapes of all the commercials.  Taping from TV has proved
frustrating as the subtlety of the music and visual gets muddied.

I'm working on a good description of the five commercials I have on tape
for the record, but need the others.

Any lurkers out there working at Coca-Cola?
Karen  kln@crl.com