Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Average gaffan...

From: sz@cerfnet.com (sz)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 02:21:42 UNDEFINED
Subject: Re: Average gaffan...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <941003092842.20c00b9b@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU> RIDLEY@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU writes:

>Others would probably say the same sorts of things, trying to cover every
>musical nitch that exists.

>I think the 'average gaffan' is very musically diverse.
>What is an "average gaffan"?

>Aaron

I don't know if I'm an 'average gaffan', but I think my tastes are diverse.

I like some artists so much, I'll listen to just about anything I can get my
hands on.  These include: Philip Glass, Dead Can Dance, Brian Eno, Robert
Fripp, the Roches, Liz Story, Laurie Anderson, Penguin Cafe, Kronos, and of
course, Kate.

Other artists/albums of note include: Stiff Little Fingers (Go For It),
Magazine (Play), Ellen James Society, Suzanne Vega, Indigo Girls, Siouxsie
and the Banshies, and Pink Floyd (esp. Wish You Were Here... tied for my #1
favorite album.)

Lately, I've been starting to get into Melissa Ethridge and Ladysmith Black
Mambazo.

Is this diverse enough?  And I haven't even mentioned classical.  (Nor
Jazz/Blues, which have yet to cross over to CD for me.)

-- Stan