Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: tori live

From: khawkins@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Kevin Hawkins)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 1994 00:55:33
Subject: Re: tori live
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

In article <9410030507.AA08735@pilot.njin.net> vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes) writes:

>have gone to the second show if we'd had the money, but rent and phone
>bill wiped up out :-(.  I can't complain...well...missing "Wrapped Around
>Your Finger" *and* "Yes, Anastasia"...maybe I can, but not *too* loudly,
>because I would have been *really* depressed if we'd missed both shows.

Yeah, that second show sounds like it was soooo awesome...one of the best
single setlists I've seen for a Tori show.  I wish I would have gone up.

>It is interesting how she seems to have dropped "American Pie/Smells"
>from her set list.  I wonder if it's permanent.

She played it in Champaign on the 17th...it must still lurk in there for a few
shows. =)

>One scary moment happened when someone jumped up on stage and ran toward
>her when she came back for her 1st encore.  He was immediately stopped
>by someone (was it her tour manager Joel? We were too far away to see
>and the lights were down) and led away.  It all happened so quickly I
>almost thought I imagined it.

Lovely.  I hope it didn't freak Tori out too much....

>Ectophiles: Continuing the tradition, I gave Tori's tour manager a copy
>of Building The Colossus.  He remembered me as  "Tori's Happy connection" :)
>Thank goodness it's the end of the tour (well, not really, of course)
>because I've run out of albums to give her :)

Vickie, I *knew* there was something I was forgetting to tell you when you
asked me about my Happy Rhodes initiation: my friend who bought the album we
listened to (I think it was _I_) told me she got it at this store in Indiana,
and when the girl working there saw what she was getting, she said "Oh you
must like Kate Bush too."  They then talked for a bit, and my friend told her
about how she was going to see Tori, and the girl said, "I read in an article
that Tori says she really likes Happy Rhodes." =)  That made me smile, because
I knew that had to be because of you. =)  Anyway, thought you might like to
hear that.

ObKate: I went to this record convention here today, and while I didn't find
really any legit Tori stuff worth buying, which was what I was predominantly
looking for, I did see a bunch of Kate vinyl there.  I'm not all that familiar
with Kate's stuff though, especially more obscure stuff, and for $40+ a pop I
wasn't going to experiement. =)  I know they had a Japanese original TKI
vinyl there, and a vinyl version of NfE from some obscure land....I can't
remember what country exactly.

They also had a signed Kate picture (one of those promo glossies, can't
remember which), but there was no way I was paying $50 for anyone's signature.
=)

What they didn't have, which I was sort of looking for and would have bought
had I seen a decent copy, was This Woman's Work.  I think what it came down to
was, if you wanted some good vinyl or a plethora of bootlegs (there were a
couple Kate boots there), this was the place to be.  Otherwise, shop the
internet. =)

--
=) Kevin Hawkins -- Junior in Computer Science, University of Illinois
(= NCSA Operations | e-mail to: khawkins@ncsa.uiuc.edu

--
=) Kevin Hawkins -- Junior in Computer Science, University of Illinois
(= NCSA Operations | e-mail to: khawkins@ncsa.uiuc.edu
=) "Pressed up against the glass, I found myself wanting sympathy.
(=  But to be consumed again, oh I know would be the death of me." --Sarah M.