Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gershwin Tribute

From: "Lisa M. Anderson" <meriel@stein.u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 1994 08:41:46 -0700
Subject: Re: Gershwin Tribute
To: rec-music-gaffa@cs.washington.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@news.u.washington.edu

On Thu, 29 Sep 1994, Evelyn Beckett wrote:

> Hi, all.
> I just picked up the Glory of Gershwin CD and was wondering what the
> general consensus was out there.  I mean, obviously Kate and Elvis save
> the day (was there any doubt?), but what do you think of it as a whole?

I thought it was quite good as a whole, but then I like Gershwin and most
of the performers on the disc.  In fact, it'll get a lot more play than
my Two Rooms CD-- which has just too many people I can't stand.

For what it's worth... but then my music tastes aren't exactly those of
your average gaffan...

-lisa
meriel@stein.u.washington.edu
"Resistance is the secret of joy."  -Alice Walker, _Posessing the Secret
                                                      of Joy_