Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My first post? KaTe poster...

From: khawkins@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Kevin Hawkins)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 94 00:33:48 -0500
Subject: My first post? KaTe poster...
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

This might very well be my first legitimate post to
rec.music.gaffa/love-hounds, and I suppose there's quite a good chance I'm
doing it wrong, but at any rate!  I've been lurking around here for quite a
while, on and off, so hello! =)  I must say that I'm a recent Kate convert
in the actual sense.  I hadn't had the opportunity to purchase anything
(yeah right!), but I was browsing around the other day and remembered
bunches of people saying that HoL was a necessity Kate album to own, so I
bought it, listened to it, loved it, listened to it about 6 or 7 more times,
loved it more...=)  Next stop, The Dreaming.  I apologize for my
sluggishness...=)  I also thank you folks for helping me see the light. (=

Anyway, to the subject at hand.  I was browsing one of our local music
stores here today that sells CDs, vinyl, collectibles, posters, etc.  I was
going through the used poster bin in the back, and shoved in the back was a
Kate Bush poster.  Okay, let's have a look.  It's a black and white
head-to-waist shot of Kate standing, facing the camera, hands on hips.
She's wearing a leotard sort of thing, light-colored, with a dark belt
around her waist.  For the top of the leotard, that's all she has on, i.e.
bare arms, but she's wearing light-colored tights underneath, for whatever
any of that is worth. =)  The interesting thing is the caption at the
bottom: Kate Bush  Wuthering Heights.

Anyway, it was sort of beat up, but I decided I'd buy it anyway.  There was
no price on it, so the guy gave it to me for $2.

So I was wondering, is this vintage, or just some strange oddity print that
happened to be lying around?  I figure I'll keep it just 'cause it's Kate,
though I'll probably never hang it 'cause it's pretty cheesy. =)  I'll be
bludgeoned after these words, but it looks like one of those pin-up posters
signed "Love and Kisses, XOXOXOXO" =)  Heh, who needs to look at posters
anyway?  Just throw on good Kate music and I'll be happy.

Just thought I'd share my "find" with you guys and see what I actually found.

--
=) Kevin Hawkins -- Junior in Computer Science, University of Illinois
(= NCSA Operations | e-mail to: khawkins@ncsa.uiuc.edu