Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest #10.247

From: Stephen Golden -27100 <goldes@cctw13.fw.gs.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 18:39:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest #10.247
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

>    As a fairly big Doctor Who fan and a immense Kate fan, I've never
> once heard or read Kate mention Doctor Who. She's never mentioned
> watching the show, and for sure never mentioned writing for the show.
> I'd imagine that early in her career, she might have been approached
> to play a "Doctor Who Girl." But write? Um, no.

I can imagine Kate playing the part of a villain.  A "Doctor Who Girl"
would take way too much time, and would probably hurt Kate's career
in the long run ( as it did to so many of the other companions...see
the latest issue of DWM to see Romana II's take on it ).  In fact,
I could see Kate playing the Rani ( okay, Kate O'Mara played the part,
but I can see Kate Bush doing it just as well ).