Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Them Heavy People

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 94 23:03 CDT
Subject: Re: Them Heavy People
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>  If I remember correctly, one of the reasons Kate doesn't tour in the
>US is because she's afraid to fly, and getting here by boat would be really
>cumbersome.
>Just a thought...
>
>						Athas Agat!
>						Sir Calvin
>						JK17669@academia.swt.edu

   She doesn't *like* flying, but she does it anyway. We met her plane
once when she was promoting _Hounds Of Love_. She flew via Concorde
to minimize the amount of time she would have to spend in the air.
She once planned to visit via the Queen Elizibeth II, booking passage
on a stateroom with a piano. Unfortunatly the ship developed engine
trouble and that passage was canceled. She's flown back and forth to
the US at least five times, so one tour wouldn't be more of a problem
than the usual "promotional" tours that she does for each album. It
is possible to travel via surface over most of the earth. See Michael
Palen's "Around The World In 80 Days."

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)