Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New Gabriel Live CDs: No KT, BUT...

From: gibsond@aa.wl.com (Don Gibson)
Date: 14 Sep 1994 16:49:53 GMT
Subject: Re: New Gabriel Live CDs: No KT, BUT...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi!

Finally someone noticed Paula Cole! Yea, I've seen her twice once at
a coffee house free show, and just two nights ago opening for Jules
Shear.  And yes she has an amazing voice.

Her CD "Harbinger" has been out for about a month or more it is on Imago
records.  It was hard to find when it was released hopefully BMG who
distributes it in the states will get their act together.  The CD was
produced by Kevin Killien (sp.) (who has worked w/KaTe, PG and
Elvis Costello).

Her songs are very personal and she sings w/great emotion.  I've spoken
to her on the two occasions and her vocals on the CD were recorded
when she had laryngitis but due to studio time she had to do it, the
songs are still fantastic.  But you must see her live!  She is traveling
w/ a guitar player Gerry Leonard (who just finished working on Laurie
Andersons soon to be released CD) and a percussionist.

She loves and respects KaTe and likes Tori Amos as well.  She described
Peter as an overgrown schoolboy. :)

Jules Shear who she opened for was great as well, his new CD "Healing
Bones" is excellent.  Tony Levin and Jerry Marotta played on the CD.

Go get "Harbinger" I'm sure you'll love it.

Don