Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Possession (AKA Misery Part II)

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 94 17:32:26 PDT
Subject: Possession (AKA Misery Part II)
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) asks:

[snip]

>But that usually passes after a while. Sure some fan
>activities might appear obsessive to the outsider, but compared
>to many more accepted obsessions (say, Harley-Davison motercycle
>fans or stamp collecting) we are dilletantes. Anyone here wear
>a Kate t-shirt *every single day*.

Um, no, but I *DO* wear one (usually) twice a week.  Because I CAN!
Actually, I could wear a DIFFERENT DESIGN four days a week - one for
each of the last four albums - but my Hounds of Love T is almost entirely
faded, and my Sensual World T barely fits over my head (due to shrinkage,
NOT due to swelled head!).

On a not completely different note, seeing Vickie's post about that
guy who's tormenting Sarah M., that pretty much answers my question on
why Kate doesn't do fan things more often.  NOW my question is, with all
the nuts out there, why do the Rich 'n' Famous go out AT ALL?

- Stev0 (Who is being followed by The Men in Black)

"Who is this Grateful Dead?  And why do they keep following me?"
 - Seen on the back of many VW campers