Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MisK.

From: Craig Heath <craig@sco.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 94 14:15:30 BST
Subject: Re: MisK.
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> From: IED0DXM@aol.com
> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 94 19:25:52 EDT

> Lance recalls a February 1978 appearance
> by Kate Bush on "Pebble Mill", in which she
> performed "Wuthering Heights".  IED's records
> indicate that this cannot be correct.  (His
> source is Peter FitzGerald-Morris's videologue,
> the best source IED knows of.)  The programme
> was then called "Saturday Night at the Mill"...

Perhaps I can dispell a little confusion here.  "Pebble Mill" was (is?)
the name of the building in Birmingham (England) containing the BBC's
Midlands regional studios.  The many programs that were filmed there
included both "Saturday Night at the Mill" and "Pebble Mill at One".
"Pebble Mill at One" was broadcast (at 1pm:-) on weekdays (possibly only
in the Midlands area?) and usually had a featured musical guest within a
general chat show format.  Unfortunately I don't remember Kate appearing
on it, but I was very likely at school at the time (and, dare I suggest,
PDFM probably was as well:-).

[Incidentally, about the most interesting thing about "Pebble Mill at
One" was the innocent passers-by who could be seen walking past through
the full-length windows behind the presenter:-)]

> From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 15:52:34 GMT

>  - "Skyscraping" still available from "major record shops". Anybody
> seen this in a major record shop? I don't know whether they'd put it
> under "Rock & Pop" or "World Music" but I can't find it under either
> at any of the big shops here.

I don't think there's any category suggested on the packaging, but if I
were a record store owner, and I listened to the first track, I'd probably
put it in "New Age".

	- Craig @ SCO near London (but originally a Midlander:-)