Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fans.....

From: Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 18:35:40 -0300 (ADT)
Subject: Fans.....
To: "Kate (list) Bush" <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Given the, uh, strong mania of many Kate fans, is it possible that
Kate avoids them (and touring, most promotional activity, etc.) because
she is scared?

I recall reading that The Dreaming was partially influenced by John
Lennon's murder and Kate's own security fears after that. And I must
say that the extremely detailed knowledge of her activities displayed
on this list, which is probably shared by some KateFans not on the 'net,
might be enough to give a security-minded person pause. (I'm not, however,
implying that anyone here is of the 'she secretly loves me and an
evil conspiracy is stopping her from saying so' bent. Not even IED :) )

Does anyone know if Kate is particularly security conscious, and if any
specific personal events have led to that?

Cheers, Fiona