Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wuthering Heights on TV (again)

From: Lance Day <lday@access.digex.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 17:15:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Wuthering Heights on TV (again)
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: lday@access.digex.net

I remember seeing Kate for the first time when she performed
Wuthering Heights on a program called "Pebble Mill" which came
on in the afternoon; either in late 1977 or early '78.

I don't remember the exact date but it was in the winter sometime
before February of 1978.

(As an aside, maybe someone could pin it down a little closer if
they could remember when the Red (or was it Swine?) flu was
epidemic in the UK.  (I was home from school that day sick with
the flu).)

It had to before February, since I saw it when living in
Ripon (N. Yorkshire), and I moved to Harrogate in February.

Anyway, after the (stunning) performance, the host had a short
interview with Kate in which one of his questions was:

"Is there some reason why you sing... (pause) in the stratosphere?"
(referring to her pitch)

to which she replied (in a most satisfying manner):

"No. (full stop; then, playfully...) I just like to."

Does anyone else remember seeing this?