Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe on an evironment charity record

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 94 11:41 CDT
Subject: Re: KaTe on an evironment charity record
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <MK59200.94Sep12142846@proffa.cc.tut.fi> Markku writes:
>Just saw this on CyberSleaze:
>
>* Rock stars are queuing up to contribute to EARTHRISE: THE RAINFOREST
>ALBUM, an album to raise money for environmental causes. STING, U2,
>PAUL MCCARTNEY, ELTON JOHN and PAUL SIMON have already recorded
>tracks. Now two extra songs, SPIRIT OF THE RAINFOREST and YES YOU CAN,
>has been taped. Spirit features an all-star cast, including BONNIE
>RAITT, BRIAN WILSON, IGGY POP, DAVID GILMOUR, JON ANDERSON, B-52'S,
>LENNY KRAVITZ, KATE BUSH, LL COOL J, RINGO STARR, DONNA SUMMER, JONI
>MITCHELL and DEBORAH HARRY. And Yes You Can boast the combined talents
>of JOE COCKER, MICHAEL MCDONALD, HERBIE HANCOCK, CHAKA KHAN, BRIAN MAY
>and IAN ANDERSON from YES.
>
>Kate and Iggy Pop on same song? Can't wait to hear this...

    They will probably be singing on the same song, but *not* at the
same time. If Kate's past charitable group song efforts are anything to
go by. Kate will be "far too busy" to show up for the group singing
session. She will get a copy of the main track and either record her
part in her own studio, or come in after everybody else is gone. This
was what happened in the FerryAid _Let It Be_.

     But in all likelyhood, they are refering to _Spirit Of The Forest_
a group-sing to benefit the rainforest that Kate did several years ago.
We have it on tape. It would make a good suggestion for the next
tapetree. I'll have to dig around and find it. It's possible that this
is a re-recording, but its probably the same recording.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)