Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's bush...

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 1994 21:02:00 +0200
Subject: Re: Kate's bush...
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

Chris completes my anser:
> Uli responds to the brave, manly anonymous poster:
> >> I remember some controversy with John & Yoko, and (I belive) Judy
> >> Collins appearing nude on album covers and insets. On "The Whole
> >> Story" Kate is photographed from the shoulders up... are there any
> >> other photos of her around?
> >
> >Of course, but no nude ones... ;-)
>
>     Nude photos may well exist, but no one will ever see them. The _The
> Whole Story_ photo may have been topless and cropped, but she was
> probably wearing a tube-top. The photo was by her brother John. This
> is a obvious advantage of having your photo taken by a member of your
> family; no sneaky "candid" photos getting out from holes in the dressing
> room.

What I always wonder in such cases - are there no holes in photo labs? Or
are 'such' photos always developped in a private home photo lab? How much
of a professional photographer is John Carder Bush to have his own dark
chamber? And what about the early sessions, for example with Gered Mankowitz?

>     Her opinions may have changed, but I suspect that she would appear
> nude if some future film project of hers required it. But never to
> sell records or gain publicity as many have done (no naming names.)

Which also reminds me that in fact there are quite a few photos and films
around where you can see quite a lot of her. Consider the Hammer Horror and
Eat The Music videos, and consider the pictures available in the Never Forever
boxed set's book, and of course somehow also the original WH cover and poster
and Japanese TKI cover picture stuff.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]