Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: T-Shirt Unease

From: i23mikja@ida.his.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 94 15:51:14 +0200
Subject: Re: T-Shirt Unease
To: love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
content-length: 1661

Fiona writes:
>Am I the only person on love-hounds who feels uncomfortable with the idea
>of IGG selling the rec.music.gaffa T-shirts?

Just as Chris pointed out, there could be some trouble with
profit-and-copyright. But that's not my greatest concern.

> ....I realize this sounds kind of like a No Gurlz Allowed pre-school
>treehouse attitude :) but I really don't see what appeal beyond a lovely
>picture of Kate an RMG shirt would have to someone who isn't on the list.

As a matter of fact, I see the T-shirt as an exclusive proof of membership
of r.m.g and Love-Hounds. I previously thought of bying one for my girlfriend
but has now changed my mind. I am a Love-Hound, not she. And I don't like the
idea of walking up to someone wearing that T-shirt and start a conversation
only to find out that he/she does not know what internet is all about.

>It was mentioned before that a list member is also producing the shirts
>and selling them at cost. For the reasons listed above, I would encourage
>people to buy the shirts from this person rather than from IGG. I hope
>this person will post ordering info soon so this option is available to all.

I too agree with Fiona and Chris that we should by from this other person.
If it gets available, I may place an order.

Mikael Jakonen                                Cool people wear colour-shades
                                     REALLY COOL people wear colour-contacts
i23mikja@ida.his.se                                    Live Long and Prosper