Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: the moon

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 1994 11:52:00 +0200
Subject: Re: the moon
To: JWWARREN@aol.com
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi John et al!

John Warren wrote to me in private email which I don't want to reword (it's not
really that private):
>  Lesley Duncan knew David Gilmour (friend of KaTe) because of her work on
> Dark Side of the Moon, specifically her incredible, orgasmic sounding vocals
> on....  (can't remember the song right now)
> You know which I mean   Ohhhhohhhohhhuuuhhuuuu (goes on for about ten
> minutes).

Ok, that's it, I can't put it in better words (except saying that the song
is The Great Gig In The Sky). The CD is gone, at least as soon as you (John)
email me your snailmail address.

I think I now can reveal the answer to the other question (what was done
to the TKI cover photo with the Kate-kite?):

In the September 1994 issue of Audio (German hifi and music magazine) there's
an untwisted photo of said session (page 11) where Kate is shown hanging
at a kind of trapeze in front of the kite. The metal bar where she hangs
goes all over the top of the kite. The bar was retouched to the black bar
we can see on the TKI cover (and also the WH single cover). If you look
CLOSELY you can see that Kate's fingers, were the bar really black, would
have to be about 5 mm thin. That is, the black bar is too thick. And also
thicker than all other black bars from the kite.

By the way, anyone has one of the very early Audio magazines? They said
in the caption to the photo (which they put there because the 9/94 issue
is the 200th of them) that Kate thanked them for already predicting a great

future for her in 1979 by granting exclusive interviews. Anyone got them?

Bye,

Uli

P.S.: Thinking of another price and another question...

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]