Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: the moon

From: Raymond Pugh <rpugh@arcadia.win-uk.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 1994 20:12:08
Subject: Re: the moon
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Ulrich Grepel posted:

>John Warren wrote to me in private email which I don't want to reword (it's not
>really that private):
>>  Lesley Duncan knew David Gilmour (friend of KaTe) because of her work on
>> Dark Side of the Moon, specifically her incredible, orgasmic sounding vocals
>> on....  (can't remember the song right now)
>> You know which I mean   Ohhhhohhhohhhuuuhhuuuu (goes on for about ten
>> minutes).
>
>Ok, that's it, I can't put it in better words (except saying that the song
>is The Great Gig In The Sky). The CD is gone, at least as soon as you (John)
>email me your snailmail address.

Ummm... I know Lesley Duncan did *backing* vocals on Dark Side but
according to my sleeve notes:

Vocals on 'The Great Gig in the Sky' by Clare Torry.

Ray (somewhat confused - nothing new there :-) )

--
INTERNET: rpugh@arcadia.win-uk.net    Making up a nice lie is deplorable
                                   Making up a nice bed is very boring