Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate gives Godhead

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 94 14:00:46 PDT
Subject: Kate gives Godhead
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Re:  The mysterious line in "Do Bears...",

I always wondered about that one myself, but also have always parsed
it, "Is Reagan Godhead".

(Godhead, since someone asked, in a Hindu thingie more or less like
Nirvana (the concept, not the band).)

Which always confused me, since Rowan Atkinson (and Kate, for that matter)
have been known for their rather liberal politics.  Unless this is a
particularly subtle piece of sarcasm that gets lost somewhere...

Someone I know hears the line as "Is Raven Godhead", which makes even less
sense...

On a semi-related topic,

"Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us> jokes:

>P.S. I wasn't joking about Kate and Bill Clinton! It's true! Really!

Kate Clinton, eh?

I know we all, during those horrid four years, had to deal with cretins
whom, when told we like Kate Bush, asked "Is she any relationship to..."

Of course, now I get the same reaction when I tell folks I like Kate Clinton.

- Stev0 the radical lesbian terrorist

"I can't respect any man who goes around the world kissing airports."

- Kate Clinton, talking about The Pope