Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate gives Godhead

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 94 14:31:38 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate gives Godhead
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cc.rochester.edu

In <9408282100.AA29890@bugs.TQS.COM> steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin) writes:

>Which always confused me, since Rowan Atkinson (and Kate, for that matter)
>have been known for their rather liberal politics.  Unless this is a
>particularly subtle piece of sarcasm that gets lost somewhere...

I think it's some sort of sarcasm...not claiming that Reagan *is* Godhead,
but perhaps that he is perceived that way.

Plus they're playing roles, of course...their characters in the song can be
as conservative as they like.  Or as confusing ("Is the Bible fiction? / Is
true love a contradiction?").

Drewcifer

--
Andrew D. Simchik, as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu, simchik@cs.rochester.edu
| "words weren't made for cowards" -- Happy Rhodes  |  Tree of Schnopia  |