Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: anAmosity persisting

From: s0pdfm@assam.exnet.com (P D Fitzgerald-Morris)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 1994 17:33:21 GMT
Subject: Re: anAmosity persisting
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <CMM-RU.1.4.777871504.vickie@pilot.njin.net> vickie@pilot.njin.net (WretchAwry) writes:

>I enjoy these debates only up to the point where they become actual
>Tori-bashing, and then it stops being fun.
>
>Tori is *already* an original, and Kate fans who bash Tori look just
>as silly and uninformed as Tori fans who bash Kate.  There are *lots*
>of us who love and appreciate both.  Taste is one thing (you don't
>*have* to like either one or the other if you truly don't like the
>music) but to junk Tori as a Kate clone is obnoxious and insulting.
>
>I get angry at the suggestion (in any form) that there is only
>enough room on this planet for one female singer, and that anyone
>who follows after is, of course, a clone and a rip/spin-off.  Kate
>may be God to some (she is to me) but there are *many* wonderful
>female singer/songwriter/musicians, and there's plenty of room
>in the world for them all.

In the HOMEGROUND camp, Krys loves Tori, and thinks she owes more
to Joni Mitchell than anyone - musically.

For myself, I appreciate Tori's music. She has her themes, and at
the moment appears to be sticking to them. It is her record company
who saw the vacancy Kate has left in the market and aimed Tori straight
at it, very succesfully. Tori is making hay whilst the sun shines and
I say good luck to her. Her record company, in a different way are doing the
same thing.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
H  Peter FitzGerald-Morris       H     H   GGGGGGG     "Have       H
H  direct from                   H     H   G            the walls  H
H  HOMEGROUND TOWERS             HHHHHHH   G    GG      got        H
H  now via                       H     H   G     G      ears       H
H  s0pdfm@exnet.co.uk            H     H   GGGGGGG      here...?"  H
H                                                                  H
H         HOMEGROUND - THE INTERNATIONAL KATE BUSH FANZINE         H
H            PO Box 176 Orpington BR5 3NA Kent England             H
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH