Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: anAmosity persisting

From: brady@onramp.net (Jim Brady)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 1994 21:41:16
Subject: Re: anAmosity persisting
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <Pine.3.89.9408252109.A4512-0100000@cd> "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us> writes:
>Date: Thu, 25 Aug 1994 21:19:14 -0400
>From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
>Subject: Re: anAmosity persisting

>On Thu, 25 Aug 1994 IED0DXM@aol.com wrote:

>> >  How it could be claimed her performance style comes from
>>  > Kate.It's just ludicrous!
>>
>>  Again IED recommends that anyone who disagrees with him
>>  watch, in succession, Kate Bush's live performance of Kashka
>>  from Baghdad from Ask Aspel (1978) with Ms. Amos's live
>>  performance from the NBC Letterman show appearance.  It's
>>  clear that the above writer has not yet done this.
>>

>Good Lord, IED is truly beyond help on this matter. *One* 16-year-old
>performance of Kate's, doubtfully representative of the bulk of her

Ah, the *bulk* of coincidences in style, voice, album cover, persona (this is
getting SO EXTREMELY BORING) should lead any fan of either or both to conclude
and accept and get on with the idea that Tori is a really very talented clone.
Someday she may develop something original, and we'll all be gladly waiting,
and until then there really, truly is NOTHING ELSE TO SAY !

-- JVB