Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: anAmosity persisting

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 1994 21:18:15 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: anAmosity persisting
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

On Thu, 25 Aug 1994 IED0DXM@aol.com wrote:

> >  How it could be claimed her performance style comes from
>  > Kate.It's just ludicrous!
>
>  Again IED recommends that anyone who disagrees with him
>  watch, in succession, Kate Bush's live performance of Kashka
>  from Baghdad from Ask Aspel (1978) with Ms. Amos's live
>  performance from the NBC Letterman show appearance.  It's
>  clear that the above writer has not yet done this.

Good Lord, IED is truly beyond help on this matter. *One* 16-year-old
performance of Kate's, doubtfully representative of the bulk of her
performance work as represented by Hammersmith, the Christmas special and
what we can glean of her performance preferences from her TV appearances
and videos, and we are to believe that Tori has consciously or
unconsciously based her whole on-stage persona on it. Yeah, right.

Did you know that American President Bill Clinton regularly consults Kate
on policy matters? It must be true, you can tell by the style of some his
legislation: it relates *directly* to themes present in many of Kate's
songs. He has *been* to England. He has *met* with many of the same TV
personalities Kate has. He plays *saxophone.* Kate wrote the *Saxophone*
Song! Coincidence? I don't think so! Was the "Berlin Bar" line some sort
of code? Were he and her communicating about political strategy even then?
A very *good* question. Who was Bill Clinton with when he *didn't* inhale?
Ask him *that*! He'll *never* say Kate Bush! And that *proves* it was her!
I'd say something about _Experiment IV_, but we're probably being
monitored!

Just to show I'm open-minded, the next time I am over at Richard & Missy's
I will endeavor to remember to watch both those clips (do you have
those?) and if, unlikely as it seems, I have a revelation, I will gladly
admit it.

scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us == Stuart Castergine            ---
"The night comes every day to my window.                    |/
The serious night, promising as always,                     |\
age and moderation. And I am frightened" -- Jack Gilbert