Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Live CD

From: dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: 25 Aug 1994 23:32:31 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Live CD
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Jeff Elliott (elliott@bart.b11.ingr.com) wrote:

: Don't be disappointed by not getting the KaTe disc you wanted, but rather
: enjoy the warm glow that comes from knowing that an ennui-ridden Jarre-head
: somewhere out there has discovered that he also has gotten the wrong disc
: (at least he thinks he has the "wrong" disc) and is finally about to
: experience the One True Music (tm) :)

If it weren't for the smiley I'd be equally condescending.  I suspect
the sentiment about Jarre fans is not what the smiley is referring to but
rather the siuation described.  I expect there are quite a few "Jarre-heads"
who also like KaTe.  I know I do.  And there are moments I'd rather listen
to Jarre than Kate.  In fact there are songs of Kate's that send me either
out of the room to do a chore or rushing for the "next track" button.

Derek
Derek H. Langsford                                          Dept. of Biology
dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu                         San Diego State University