Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Live CD

From: elliott@bart.b11.ingr.com (Jeff Elliott)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 94 12:05:28 CDT
Subject: Re: Kate Live CD

Jim Lynn (jim@cconcepts.co.uk) sez:
> I bought the Video and CD double pack of Live At Hammersmith today. [...]
> At first I thought it was a very long introduction to 'Moving', as it
> starts quietly and builds up, but after about a minute and a half of this
> strange sub-Jean-Michel Jarre stuff, I thought something was definitely up.
> Flipping through the rest of the tracks was much the same story, all ambient
> synthesizer, ethnic chanting and no Kate.
>
> So they've put the wrong CD in the pack. The label's right but the disc
> isn't.

Don't be disappointed by not getting the KaTe disc you wanted, but rather
enjoy the warm glow that comes from knowing that an ennui-ridden Jarre-head
somewhere out there has discovered that he also has gotten the wrong disc
(at least he thinks he has the "wrong" disc) and is finally about to
experience the One True Music (tm) :)

 Jeff Elliott                           Internet:  elliott@bart.b11.ingr.com
 Software Consultant                    UUCP Mail: uunet!ingr!elliott
 Hardware Analysis S/W (Diags) Intergraph Corporation - Huntsville, AL 35894