Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Making up lyrics

From: Mary Helen Sowell <mhs3c@darwin.clas.virginia.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 1994 14:45:18 GMT
Subject: Re: Making up lyrics
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@murdoch.acc.virginia.edu

Recently Marcel asked "What are some of the most beautiful
lyrics you made up after hearing Kate singing
something...differently?"

Well, my first Kate albums were HOL and The Dreaming, both
bought two years ago sans lyrics.  I got the box set a little
over a year ago, but I was so accostomed to listening without
looking at the lyrics that I went through the songs several
times before opening the booklets (which I am very thankful to
have! :) ).

The only lyrics I came up with that turned out to be different
from the actual thing occur in "Strange Phenomena" Where our
girl says "Om mani padme um" (sp?)  I thought she was singing
'harmony hide me, um'.  Beautiful is quite the overstatement
for this little mix-up.  But I thought I'd put my bit in.

Elated to hear TLTCTC is coming to a theatre near her,

Mary-Helen

Post Scripta:  What does PAL stand for?