Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Female Fans

From: sbailey@uoguelph.ca (Sharon M Bailey)
Date: 10 Aug 1994 15:05:13 GMT
Subject: Re: Female Fans
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Tree of Schnopia (as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu) wrote:

: Hmmm...I don't know of a song *about* menstruation per se, but "Strange
: Phenomena" does make reference to it: "Every girl knows about the punctual
: blues".

Well, the whole song is talking about the power of the moon and all the
cyclical things that occur because of it. She doesn't say anything
outright (other than the line quoted) but there is no mistaking that
she's talking about things lunar and feminine. Being a woman and all
that, I really get a kick (sorry) out of someone singing about these
unmentionables .. she turns it into something wonderful! Hear, hear.

Sharon