Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Oh no!! What will I do??

From: Sharon M Bailey <sbailey@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 1994 18:33:30 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Oh no!! What will I do??
To: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

On Sun, 7 Aug 1994, WretchAwry wrote:

> I love Syd Straw! I hear she's living in Chicago now, but I
> missed the chance to see her open for Kristin Hersh so I couldn't
> ask her myself.
>
> Vickie

Speaking of God and all, Syd did a fabulous version of "Highway to Hell"
at the Opera House. I wonder (and I'll leave the Syd stuff alone after
this) if anyone knows what Knitting Factory compilations she's appeared
on. I only know of the Beatles one. Fantastically disjointed version of
"Don't Let Me Down." She's apparently got new stuff coming out soon. At
least she played some newly penned material.
Thanks for the comments, Vickie! And I'd become an expatriate Canadian if
Chrissie ever took up the orb and sceptre here. Oh, right, we aren't run
by a monarchy. Hm.