Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy Katemas & Night Flight

From: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 94 2:16:16 EDT
Subject: Re: Happy Katemas & Night Flight
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Loves: Kate Bush..Happy Rhodes..Jane Siberry..Tori Amos..Peter Gabriel..

> > (Albert Steg (Winsor) writes:
> > So, Vickie, what's the story with the very end of the tape?  Did she
> > finally flatly refuse to humiliate herself by filling in the blanks on
> > the "man" question?  That's an incredible moment, really.
>
> I was surprised that this bit got cut off. In the end Kate responds
> with something like, "What I like most is a gentle-spoken Englishman."
> I seem to recall a classic "Thank God!" look when they tell her that
> they're all finished.
> 					N. Richard Caldwell

I was perplexed when I read both of these, but I filed it in the
back of my mind to figure out later. I found a copy of the Lovehounds
Collection and watched both tapes. NOW I know what happened!

Oh no!

The end of the Night Flight interview was cut off :-(.  It was definitely
an accident and Chris didn't even know it happened until I told him.  He's
very unhappy about it.  The beginning of the Dutch videos stepped over
the end of the NF and it wasn't done intentionally.

I guess the last 5 minutes of the NF (that whole section of show IDs is
halarious anyway) will have to go on the next tape tree.  There certainly
will have to be another one. After all, this one barely scratched the
surface :-).

Another thing I noticed was that the bit where *I* said that Kate said
"Do I have to do it over again?" happened during the time when the camera
was off while they were adjusting her microphone.  Sorry if I confused
anyone.

Vickie

"Makes you feel a bit like a parrot" Kate