Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

likes and dis...

From: Bruce Gordon <bruceg@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 10:34:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: likes and dis...
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: Bruce Gordon <bruceg@u.washington.edu>

Hi y'all,

	Drewcifer and I have been all over this subject for a couple
o'days now, to end up in some truly interesting and expressive
conversations.  I'm tempted to recite my usual "de gustibus.." quote and
leave it at that...

	The reason I'm writing:  Rocket's tail

	This piece is what I would call " a masterwork." For many reasons:

First the melding of those Bulgarian women into a venue that is truly
Kate's and not theirown.

Secondly, for Kate's ability to use 12/8 "(irish)jig/hornpipe" phrasing
in a song that ends up as neither.

Thirdly, David Gilmour

Forthly, for her reference to Guy Fawkes (ok history buffs, it's your
turn here...I know, but do you?)

Fifthly, and most important, her ability to have this vision and put it
all together, as shrill as it might be.

Sixthly, I'm a felinophile, too

seventhly and this has not much to do with Rocket's Tail, she, Kate,
finally got Mick Karn (of Japan fame) on an album! - on Heads were Dancin'

eightly, I love it when Kate suprises me or make me truly think,"What's
gotten into the lassie to do this?"

	bruce, Lord of the Reedy River,
purveyor of astrology, etymology and legerdemain.