Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: YWA/everybody's a critic

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 94 20:10:49 GMT
Subject: Re: YWA/everybody's a critic
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cc.rochester.edu

In <CtM4zK.HHD@ireq.hydro.qc.ca> rgirard@mais.hydro.qc.ca (Ronald Girardin) writes:

>I don't think so...anybody can say what they want...as long as it doesn't
>bring someone else down...Some may view the 'crap' crack as putting Kate
>down...I'm sure that wasn't Drewcifer's intent...I also think that Drewcifer
>must like ALOT more songs than he hates...

I adore KaTe.  I worship her.  I have the cover to The Red Shoes in three
different sizes on my wall (well...the bedsheet-sized promo isn't up right
now, but that's just 'cause I can't figure out how to laminate it).  I own
all the albums, most on CD and cassette, several mixes, a book, a handful of
singles, the Hammersmith video, and even a comic book.  Nothing at all
compared to some peoples' collections, but enough so that you know I love
Her.  :)

>It seems that people are not allowed to dislike or even hate a Kate tune
>without being carved to pieces in this newsgroup...

No kidding.  Although I do remember that some people are pretty hard on TSW
around here, and I usually get touchy because I love TSW...but I don't bite
people's heads off...I just note that they're entitled to their opinion, but
they should keep in mind that others are entitled to theirs.  So I need to
spank myself a little for being so vehement.

>There are many Kates song that I either dislike or downright hate too...
>YWA would fall into this category, so would Violin, Eat The Music,
>Wuthering Heights, Fullhouse, Sat In Your Lap, Mother (stands For comfort)
>and Rocket's Tail (notice how there one from each album).

I like Violin a lot...I have no problem with ETM...I love Wuthering
Heights...I can live without Fullhouse...I love SIYL...I like Mother...I
love Rocket's Tail.  So yeah, I like a lot more than I hate.  :)  My
dislikes would include Passing Through Air, Fullhouse, Be Kind To My
Mistakes (sorry, everybody!  :( ), Walk Straight Down The Middle, and a slew
of Cathy demos.  And You Want Alchemy.  But my likes are almost
complementary (or is it orthogonal?) to that list...so don't brand me as a
traitor.  :)

>Drewcifer was quite brave in stating his opinion...at least he admitted that
>he didn't like a Kate song...so have I...how about you?....Are all of Kate's
>songs perfect? (in your opinion, of course)....one thing's for sure, I will
>NOT flame someone just because he or she might not like a song...everyone's
>entitled to an opinion...there's no reason to bring someone down because
>his or her views differs from your own...so...grow up and lighten up people!
>..I think it's called free speech...

>Way to go Drewcifer!!!!!  :-)

Gee, thanks.  All I did was get bitchy...but I'm glad it's appreciated.  :)
Ya make me feel good.

>Peace

>Ronald

>Summer leaves when autumn falls...	    - (Men Without Hats)

Winter waiting by the walls, going oh (oh oh oh oh), how will we ever know?

Drew without a hat 'cause his hair's so good (but not today)
--
Andrew D. Simchik, as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu, simchik@cs.rochester.edu
"All I can say is that I feel like a total fem in this outfit. And you know