Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The rumor mill continues to amaze me

From: simchik@cs.rochester.edu (Drew Simchik)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 17:05:46 GMT
Subject: Re: The rumor mill continues to amaze me
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <NESSUS.94Jul20124128@twitch.mit.edu>,
Douglas Alan <nessus@mit.edu> wrote:
>In article <940720150439_555063.0_EHF62-1@CompuServe.COM>
>jsherry@hngorin.mhs.compuserve.com (jennifer sherry) writes:
>
>>   Oh, he also made some comment about 'The Kick Inside' being a
>>   really strange album, that she must have been on drugs at the
>>   time.
>
>Your acquaintance is a psychopathic liar.  He might be right about the
>above one, though.  Most great contemporary musicians have
>experimented with some psychedelics on occassion.

"Most"?  Ummmmmmmmm...I don't know about *that*, but...

...it *does* surprise me that it wasn't one of the other albums
mentioned.  Of course, if you read carefully, the lyrics on TKI *do*
suggest a certain loopiness that might be chemically induced...I refer
primarily to "Kite".  But I'd expect many, especially nonKatefans, to decide on
The Dreaming or HoL as the "trippy" albums.

Drewcifer