Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

you want alchemy/the man i love

From: Brian J Dillard <dillardb@student.msu.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 14:00:43 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: you want alchemy/the man i love
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net (lovehounds)

it is on one of the red shoes singles and it is utterly fabulous lyrically and
utterly adequate musically! you want alchemy is my favorite kate track since
moments of pleasure . . .  .altho i do like home for christmas, a b-side to
rubberband girl.

anybody know if/when imports of the man i love will be available in the u.s.
the single was supposed to be out this week in the u.k.

--brian dillard
still looking for a katemas in the michigan area

p.s. rented live at the hammersmith last night to whet my appetite for the
upcoming tapetree katefest i plan to have later this week. i was appalled at
some of the vegasy dance steps and jazz hands till i factored in that thais was
1979 and that kate trained as a mime. then it was less painful. however, on any
level, the james and the cold gun/lionheart sequence was powerful and moving.