Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: You Want Alchemy, The Man I Love -- new KT songs?

From: IED0DXM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 94 17:04:14 EDT
Subject: Re: You Want Alchemy, The Man I Love -- new KT songs?
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: "IED0DXM" <IED0DXM@aol.com>

Whoever this "Drewcifer" character is, he's no critic.  "You Want Alchemy" is
many things, but one thing it definitely isn't is crap.  Flip, mindless
judgements like "Drewcifer"'s are, precisely, crap.  "You Want Alchemy" is a
non-album track that appeared as a  b-side of one of the two CD-singles of
"The Red Shoes".  It is extremely interesting, both from a musical and a Kate
Bushological perspective, and it is well worth hearing -- MANY TIMES, LOUD.

"The Man I Love" is also a legitimate new Kate Bush track.  It is due out in
England next week.  It's the lead-off single from an album of covers of
Gershwin songs, reportedly to be called "The Glory of Gershwin", and it was
played once at the international Kate Bush convention held in London a while
ago.

IED has heard that Kate Bush fans might want to keep a lookout for a
forthcoming tribute album to Nick Drake, too.

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
     "He washes the panes
      He cleans the stains away."